Our on-campus Leadership classes are daily 30-minute classes fueled by our Future Holders curriculum and revolve around 10 monthly practices to engage and inspire our students in their leadership of self, others, and as global citizens:
- LEAD YOURSELF: You matter. Live with purpose. You can do big things.
- YOUR MIND IS YOUR SUPERPOWER: You can’t change things outside of yourself, but you can change what’s inside.
- TIME IS YOUR MOST PRECIOUS RESOURCE: How will you spend it?
- CHOOSE JOY: Be genuinely grateful in your interactions; happiness comes from within.
- BETTER TOGETHER: Extraordinary things happen with the cooperation of many minds.
- BE CURIOUS: Always ask what’s possible.
- THOUGHTS ARE THINGS: Everything starts with an idea, you give it life.
- BE THE DIFFERENCE: Serve a cause greater than yourself.
- LEAVE YOUR MARK: Always leave it better than you found it.
- HAVE AN ADVENTURE: Play and rest are just as important as working hard.
Annual Curriculum Guide with Future Holders
Future Holders Curriculum Focus
#1: Social Emotional Learning
Our content supports the personal development of students in the areas of self-awareness, self-management, decision making, and relationship skills.
#2: Character & Leadership Development
When students have learned how to effectively lead themselves, they can go on to lead others. Lessons in character and leadership are based on stoic philosophy from the earliest of our world’s thinkers and teachers. Students focus on personal values, mindset and the importance of choice. They expand personal capacities for confidence in roles that positively impact surrounding communities.
#3: Cultural Competency
Our work in cultural competence builds our students’ world view, so they may effectively understand their own cultural identity while remaining open to cultural differences of others. We work deeply on respectful discourse and teach students to understand fairness, equity, and work towards equality in opportunity.
#4: Financial Acumen
A critical part of self-sufficiency in society is having a clear understanding of money: how to earn, spend, invest, and save, making responsible decisions for operating sustainably as a citizen.
#5: Entrepreneurial Mindset & Execution
Units in entrepreneurship focus on a way of thinking. They are about seeing and creating opportunities, turning thoughts into things, collaborating, managing risks, and pursuing a vision.