For the past two years, the Elevate team has hosted two chosen University of Denver, first year graduate students from the Counseling program to do their practicums at Aspen Academy. This is a competitive practicum site and this year we had over 15 students interested.
Family Resources for Mental Health
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource
- Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19
- How to Cope With Anxiety About Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty
- A Podcast - Balancing Life and Technology in a Digital World
- The Child Development Institute
- The Help Guide - Trusted Guide to Mental Health and Wellness
- Psychology Today
- Center on the Developing Child - Harvard University
- Thought Leadership and Strengths-Based Approach to ADHD
- Website for lists of therapists in Denver
- Online Magazine – Inside the ADD Mind
- Website Celebrating Learning Differences
- Learning Ally – Strategies for Different Learning Styles
- Learning Strategies for the Adolescent Learner
- Mind Shift – Contemporary Reads on the Developing Mind
- National Association of Independent Schools
- The Future of K-12 Education – Grant Lichtman
- The Inspired Treehouse – Strategies and Tips for Parenting the Developing Child
If you need local resources for academic or social emotional support, please contact Jessie Skipwith.
Three Years of Partnership with University of Denver
Supporting Mental Health and Suicide Prevention
September is Suicide Prevention Awareness Month. In raising awareness, building skills for self-care and care for others, and providing resources, Aspen Academy partners with parents and outside organizations to address this national issue of concern as we care for our students and families.
Back to School Success Strategies
Learn tips for a productive workspace, creating a culture of productivity, and strategies to empower the start of your year.