Music, Movement, Performing Arts
Young learners are encouraged to animate their learning with song, rhyme, rhythm and tone. Listening skills are enhanced as children sing, chant, play musical games, dance and move to a variety of music genres.
During Preschool music class, children learn to:
- sing and play instruments
- use their voice expressively to chant and sing simple songs
- become increasingly acute in rhythm and pitch
- play simple melodies and accompaniments on instruments
- create music through improvisational response using voice and other elements
- respond to music of various tempos, meters, dynamics, modes, genres, and styles
Our young musicians have many opportunities to participate in school-wide musical and dramatic performances throughout the school year.