Emphasis is placed on contextual experiences and multiple problem solving perspectives to meet the child’s need to explore concepts in meaningful ways.
- Through a wide variety of hands-on opportunities, students investigate and develop their foundation skills, while being encouraged to share their reasoning and apply their knowledge to authentic applications.
- By the end of Pre-Kindergarten, students have been introduced to and/or understand algebraic concepts with reasoning skills, data collection, measurement and geometric concepts, number sense, and computation skills.
- 1 to 1 correspondence
- patterning number order
- comparing sets, measuring in all ways
- sequencing simple number sets
- story problems
- space attributes - 2D, 3D, and symmetry
- tallying and graphing
- number order, greater than, less than, odd and even numbers, ordinal numbers to 10, estimating quantitites
- skip counting
- fractions: writing and ordering numbers through 20