Supporting the development of emerging literacy skills is the primary focus of our early language arts program. Our curriculum serves as base for:
- Sequence, introduction, and integration of learning letters, phonics, and phonemes.
- Language games and songs to stretch the child’s listening and overall language and reading skills
- Sharing rich stories together to embrace a love of reading
- Story-telling, reading, journaling, labeling, story writing and picture modeling to enhance language development and the child’s understanding of sound-symbol relationships.
- Story of Me
- Autumn, Halloween, Nursery Rhymes
- Adventures and Explorers
- Drawing, writing about family traditions
- Traditions - where I'm from
- Winter around the world - Jan Brett
- Fairy Tales
- Dr. Seuss and poetry
- Memoirs, Reflections, and Growing: "Bugs" Eric Carle