Aspen Academy is committed to supporting a family’s role in ensuring positive, individualized developmental outcomes for all children within this community. We are proud to offer these screening opportunities each year. The screenings provide feedback on your child’s hearing, vision, speech, and motor development. Read on for more details.
Family Resources for Mental Health
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource
- Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19
- How to Cope With Anxiety About Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty
- A Podcast - Balancing Life and Technology in a Digital World
- The Child Development Institute
- The Help Guide - Trusted Guide to Mental Health and Wellness
- Psychology Today
- Center on the Developing Child - Harvard University
- Thought Leadership and Strengths-Based Approach to ADHD
- Website for lists of therapists in Denver
- Online Magazine – Inside the ADD Mind
- Website Celebrating Learning Differences
- Learning Ally – Strategies for Different Learning Styles
- Learning Strategies for the Adolescent Learner
- Mind Shift – Contemporary Reads on the Developing Mind
- National Association of Independent Schools
- The Future of K-12 Education – Grant Lichtman
- The Inspired Treehouse – Strategies and Tips for Parenting the Developing Child
If you need local resources for academic or social emotional support, please contact Jessie Skipwith.
This year, Aspen Academy will continue its great work of leaning into challenging conversations, supporting one another, and engaging in dialogue as we remain intentional about creating a community that recognizes and celebrates the variety of the human tapestry that makes up our school family. Learn more about our October Parent DEI Book Club!
Welcome back Aspen Academy to the 2021-22 school year! The energy in the building and throughout the community is absolutely energizing. As we prepare for a new school year, we are poised to jump right in to join in partnership and collaboration with you, our parent community, in supporting our students in a smooth transition back to school.