Dance & Creative Movement
At Aspen we have created a national model dance program. Our lead instructor teaches not only dance, but leadership, integrity, discipline and fun. Your student, no matter what their age, will experience dance through an alternative lens. Dancers will excel, non-dancers will enjoy and all students will collaborate for optimal team performances. Come and take a look, this class is nothing short of amazing.
The Mission of CREATIVE MOVEMENT
- To instill confidence and build character.
- Encourage freedom of expression in the performing arts.
- Integrate whole body learning by providing students with a physical, creative space.
- Artistic expression is emphasized
- Each student is encouraged to discover his/her individual artistry.
- Concepts - body awareness and control, physical strength involving coordination, strength, flexibility, posture, endurance and stamina.
- Students learn technical dance routines and learn the style, story and character of the pieces.
- Students have the opportunity to discover their creative dancer in fun and healthy avenues.
Maya Pingle brings over 25 years of teaching experience in dance, choreography, and Pilates to Aspen Academy. The creator of MDP - an enlightening performance style approach to traditional movement, dance and Pilates, she was a scholarship trainee at the Joffrey Ballet School in New York and a long time choreographer and performer with the Radio City Rockettes Christmas Spectacular. Maya’s style and passion in teaching is drawn from her early years in India, lessons learned while training and performing professionally as a child through adulthood, and... raising her own children in this world today.
Her training began in Chicago where she began dancing professionally at age 11. Dancing and teaching credits include performing with ballet, modern, jazz, opera and instructing in dance studios throughout the US; performing film, TV and commercial work; and coaching Pilates throughout Denver for 14 years, including courses taught at Metro State University. She was a top 3 finalist in the Pilates Anytime NEXT Instructor competition 2015; ARTS awardee (1991); and National Endowment for the Arts 1st place award-winner (Chicago,1990).
Maya is looking forward to spreading her excitement and diversity of movement with Aspen Academy. She has been inspired so far by the sense of kindness, community and her shared belief, that there is more than one way to achieve greatness in learning. Maya spends her free time with her husband and future 6th grade twins, and hopes to be traveling in their RV more often. They are CONSIDERING these trips with their VERY spirited and energized chocolate lab puppy.