Dance & Creative Movement
At Aspen we have created a national model dance program. Our lead instructor teaches not only dance, but leadership, integrity, discipline and fun. Your student, no matter what their age, will experience dance through an alternative lens. Dancers will excel, non-dancers will enjoy and all students will collaborate for optimal team performances. Come and take a look, this class is nothing short of amazing.
The Mission of CREATIVE MOVEMENT
- To instill confidence and build character.
- Encourage freedom of expression in the performing arts.
- Integrate whole body learning by providing students with a physical, creative space.
- Artistic expression is emphasized
- Each student is encouraged to discover his/her individual artistry.
- Concepts - body awareness and control, physical strength involving coordination, strength, flexibility, posture, endurance and stamina.
- Students learn technical dance routines and learn the style, story and character of the pieces.
- Students have the opportunity to discover their creative dancer in fun and healthy avenues.
Maya Pingle brings over 25 years of teaching experience in dance, choreography, and Pilates to Aspen Academy. Her teaching style and passions stem from her early years in India, lessons learned while extensively training and performing professionally as a child through adulthood, and raising her own children in this world today.
Maya diversely studied all dance in Chicago and was a scholarship trainee at the Joffrey Ballet School in New York, performer with ballet, modern, jazz, opera dance companies throughout the US, and a long time choreographer and dancer with the Radio City Rockettes touring casts. She was a top 3 finalist in the Pilates Anytime NEXT Instructor competition 2015; national high school senior ARTS awardee, and National Endowment for the Arts 1st place award-winner in Chicago. She has performed in film, TV and commercials before settling in Denver, coaching Pilates, teaching courses at Metro State University and creating a children's movement program. MDP, an enlightening performance-style approach to traditional movement facilitated important life skills.
Maya is looking forward to spreading her excitement and diversity of movement with Aspen Academy. She has been inspired so far by the sense of kindness, community and her shared belief, that there is more than one way to achieve greatness in learning.