- Child Development
- Health and Wellness
Below is a compilation of family-friendly virtual tours, stories, music, exercise, story times, and other activities. Please feel free to add suggestions via the comments below and we'll incorporate them in this blog.
Tips for Working Parents With Virtual Learners
- Set a schedule. Plan tomorrow today to support your focused work time as parents as well as an independent learning time for your students.
- Take advantage of recorded classes. If your child is needing support with their online learning, do the recorded lesson when it fits in your work schedule.
- Set boundaries: Your children need routines and you might need times when you’re in “do not disturb” mode.
Work From Home/Parenting Resources
- Sample Schedules For Kids Home From School During Coronavirus Outbreak
- Social Distancing: Now What Do I Do With My Kids (Dr. Ziegler)
- Tips for Working With Kids Home (Washington Post)
- How to Work From Home With Kids When You're Socially Distancing
- How to Get Work Done When Your Kids Are Home
- Parenting and Coronavirus Webinar
- 5 Things to Keep Your Corona WFH From Going Crazy
- Family Life In the Age of the Coronavirus: Parenting Survival Strategies
- Love and Logic
- The Parents Guide to Unexpected School Closure (Lana Gollyhorn)
- Cleveland Zoo - Virtual Classroom at 11am & virtual exploring at 1pm
- Cincinnati Zoo - Virtual Safari 12pm Daily and replays available
- Monterey Bay Aquarium - Live cams of animals
- Virtual Farm - tours grouped by age!
- Museums, Operas, & Symphonies
- 30 Virtual Field Trips
- 12 Museums Offering Virtual Tours
- National Parks Tours
Stories & Music
- Audible - Free audio stories during school closures
- Authors Doing Online Read Alouds - by grade level
- Josh Gad (voice of Olaf) nightly storytime on Twitter
- Mo Willems lunchtime doodle lessons (author of the Pigeon books)
- Operation Story Time
- Story time from space - astronauts reading to us from space!
- Center for Puppetry Arts - livestream puppet shows
- Virtual Dance Party
- Antoni Porowski - cooking class videos on his Instagram!
- James Dean Pete the cat story time 12pm EST
- Draw everyday with JJK - drawing lessons daily 12pm (CST)
- Metropolitan Opera- Daily - 6:30 PM (CST) - recording will remain on the site each day for 20 hours
- 15 Broadway Plays & Musicals You Can Watch From Home
- Fit4mom daily virtual workouts
- Cosmic Kids - Yoga, mindfulness, & relaxation videos for ages 3+
- Disney Family Get Moving
- MyGym Valencia - videos of activities you can do with littles
- True Barre SCV - live-streaming classes and replays
- GoNoodle: Good Energy at Home offers free: Movement, yoga, and mindfulness videos
- Free Daily Workbooks
- Scholastic Free Learn at home
- Short n Sweet Baker - cake decorating class
- Nasa- released full image library
- ScienceFlix (Grades 5+) - available until April 20th free of charge (Username: Learning20 / Password: Clifford)
- Science Mom & Math Dad - Math and Science lessons ages 7-12
- ABCYA games and apps for kids
- New York Public Library - download over 300,000 books for free
- 10 Documentaries to Watch With Kids